Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Horrid Nite before the IIM results - 9th April

The results of IIMs were du on 10th....
On 9th nite, was otherwise quite cool. Had thot the results will come out the next day, so I can just relax....
I was surfing through the Pagalguy threads. Some one had copied the list of selected candidates of IIM Bangalore. So early...................
Had a lot of expectations from B....Was my best GD/PI actually.......
I Surfed through the list in real panic. I couldnt find my registration no....Felt there must be some mistake. I went on the IIM B site,no results had come out there.
Felt it must be a hoax, as I read more across the thread, I found someone had attached the shortlisted pdf. Downloaded the pdf. I opened the pdf with prayers. Was shocked not to find my reg number in the list. The dream appeared over.....

Lets have a summary of my other IIM experiences
IIM A had gone very bad(I was asked about radiowave,microwave,speed of a delivery in cricket,microwave oven and more bullshit....).IIM C was quite uneventful and short....
IIM L,I,K had gone well, but had always dreamt of getting into ABC. IIM B was my best.

Lets get back to 9th nite....
Didnt break the news to my parents.Wanted them to have a good nite's sleep.
Had told them that results were due.Went off to sleep, with a bruised heart and battered soul, a la, Dev D.
Having been eliminated in SP Jain interview and the IIM B rejection, I felt somehow I didn't have the potential in me to convert. Was dreaded to think that I might not convert any of them.
Kya socha tha aur kya ho gaya....
I actually didn't want to sleep. Yet just slept off.
Dad called me up at 2:30 nite to know the status. I lied to him, said I didnt know the results. I felt will break all the bad news together....

No comments: